The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Jamaica (ICAJ) will be celebrating its 50th Anniversary in 2015, showcasing 50 golden years of achievements under the theme: ‘ICAJ 50: Building on Our Gains …Charting Our Future’. This milestone marks five decades of advocating for the advancement of the Accountancy profession in Jamaica and provides the opportunity for ICAJ to reflect on its accomplishments, acknowledge those who have made them possible and share its plans for future successes.
The 50th Anniversary Celebrations were launched at ICAJ’s Annual Awards Banquet on December 4, 2014 at the Jamaica Pegasus Hotel. The launch will be followed by a 12-month schedule of events across the island.
The planned activities include:
- Thanksgiving Services
January 18*, 2015, 9:00a.m.
Boulevard Baptist Church
*This is the actual anniversary date for the Institute
January 25, 2015, 9:00a.m.
Blessed Sacrament Cathedral
January 31, 2015, 10:00a.m.
Mandeville Seventh Day Adventist Church
- Launch of a commemorative 50th Anniversary Scholarship;
- Chartered Accountants’ Week – During Accountants’ Week, to be held July 5-11, we will recognize Distinguished Members in Business, our Benefactors, Collaborators and Past Presidents – all of whom have shaped the face of the ICAJ as we know it today.
- Anniversary Supplement
- Anniversary Expo
- Anniversary Business Conference on October 30 and 31
- Golden Gala and Awards Ceremony on December 3
- Regional Presentations to Service Organizations, Universities and targeted High Schools
- Membership Sensitization Drive to encourage students to choose Accountancy as a preferred career option, as well as a wide scale promotion of the benefits of being a Chartered Accountant.
Join the ICAJ as it showcases 50 golden years of achievement, which have allowed the Institute to remain on the cutting edge of the Accountancy profession.